Vacancies in Ph.D. Programme (2019-20)
The Department of Biochemistry, UDSC invites applications for Full Time Ph.D. programme for the academic year 2018-19.
A total of Eighteen (18) seats are available in the areas of Recombinant antibodies and antigens for therapeutics and diagnostics, Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Protein Structure-Function Relationship and Drug Discovery, Hemoglobin and artificial blood substitutes, Cancer – Oncogenic Mechanisms, Diagnostics for Infectious Diseases, Host-pathogen interaction in Tuberculosis, Mechanisms of signal transduction and regulation of gene expression in Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Nanobiocatalysis and biotechnology, Hematological parameters and their association with diseases among youth
The Department/University reserves the right to change the number of seats or not to award any Ph.D. position.
Eligibility: The candidate should have a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent CGPA score) in M.Sc. /M.Phil. /M.Tech. / M.D /M.S in Degree in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/Biomedical sciences and allied subjects from a recognized university/institute. 5% relaxation will be permitted for OBC/SC/ST and Persons with disability.
How to apply:
- Candidates interested in Ph.D. admission should submit duly filled on-line application form at http://du.ac.in/adm2019/#_phdadmission-info-corner as soon as the portal is open and announcement is made by the University.
- Candidates applying for more than one department are required to fill up separate forms for each department.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of an Entrance Test comprising of a Written Test and an Interview.
- The entrance test will consist of 50 questions (MCQ). Duration of the test is 2 hours. There will be NEGATIVE MARKING for wrong answer. Each correct answer shall be awarded 4 marks, while one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates holding a (i) valid national level research fellowship, (ii) research position in research projects or (iii) awarded lectureship in the CSIR-UGC NET (or equivalent examination) are exempted from the written test, but will be required to appear for the interview for selection. For details, see Ordinance VI of the University of Delhi (http://biochem.du.ac.in/web/uploads/Ph.D%20Ordinance-VI.pdf). Students who have qualified GATE with 91 percentile and above may appear directly for interview.
- Candidates appearing for the written examination will be short-listed for the interview The list of short-listed candidates will be valid till the next written test for Ph.D admissions.
- Admission of the candidates fro Ph.D. programme is based on their suitability to specific specialisations and also subject to fulfilling all other conditions laid down in Ordinance VI of the University of Delhi.
- Candidates who do not have any fellowship may be provided Non-NET UGC fellowship based on its availability and only if the candidate is finally selected for the Ph.D. program.
- The syllabus for the written test is available on the website of the department (http://biochem.du.ac.in/web/index.php?page=details-of-courses-name-eligibility-admission-criteria-examination-system)
- There is no fee for the entrance test.
- The interview will be held at University of Delhi South campus.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test and interview.
- The candidates must carry a valid ID for the written test as well as the interview.